Understanding CAR T-cell therapy
Lymphoma Australia invites you to register for our FREE live webinar.
Saturday 21st November 2020, 11:00-12:00pm (ADST VIC/NSW/TAS)
About this event
Join us to learn more about what is CAR T-cell and have your questions answered about:
- How CAR T-cell therapy works
- Side effects of CAR T-cell therapy
- What subtypes are currently being treated with CAR T-cell therapy?
- CAR T-cell therapy funding in Australia
- Clinical trials available around the world and in Australia
Dr Michael Dickinson
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre & Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne
Dr Michael Dickinson is a haematologist, and the disease group lead of aggressive lymphoma at Peter MacCallum Cancer centre & RMH. Dr Dickinson has a special interest in lymphoma and is leading the development of new targeted, non-chemotherapy drugs as the principal investigator of many trials of new treatments. He is the local investigator on a range of CAR T-cell therapy trials. Dr Dickinson has been instrumental in helping in the recent approval of publicly funded CAR T-cell therapy to Australian patients.