September is Lymphoma Awareness Month and each year we ask the community to join with us to put Lymphoma in the Limelight.
With our colleagues from across the globe we also acknowledge World Lymphoma Awareness Day on September 15 each year.
There are many ways that we can all lime it up for lymphoma / CLL as this cancer doesn’t stop for anything!
- Create a GO LIME event – at work, school or online
- Set up a fundraising page to raise funds for lymphoma support services
- GO LIME during September – wear lime green tutus, glam it up, have some fun!
- Share! Follow us on social media, share a lymphoma fact, share your own story or connection to lymphoma – help spread the word
Last year’s event…
In 2020, we asked you to GO LIME and help raise awareness for this common cancer – and you sure did!
With your support over $100,000 was raised for Lymphoma Care Nurses to guide Australian families through the lymphoma cancer journey. Lymphoma Care Nurses change lives.
Thank you for making a difference!!
Turning Australia #Lime4Lymphoma September 2020
You can choose to GO LIME throughout the year! Theme an event, go lime at work, or share a lymphoma fact. Your participation ensures that no one is facing lymphoma alone.
Your support will help us:
- Have lymphoma care nurses to guide Australian families through the lymphoma journey
- Raise awareness of this common cancer
- Provide patient support resources and education sessions across Australia for patients, carers and health professionals
- Generate funds to support research for a cure
Here are some extra LIMEtastic ideas that can help you raise awareness and support
- Hold a morning tea or online event with lime-coloured treats (think LIME milkshakes or cocktails, LIME icing, LIME cheesecake)
- Buy Lymphoma Australia merchandise – ribbon pins, bandanas / face masks, t-shirts, hats, bracelets etc.
- Take on a physical challenge – burpees, cartwheels, walking 10km per day – it is up to you!